| ADDS - AIRMETs Help Page
(1 of 4)
Back to AIRMETs Page
or AIRMETs help
- The AIR/SIGMETS Page contains 3 major sections:
- The first section contains a link to another web page containing
a Java Applet which allows users to zoom interactively to the region
of their choosing and to interrogate the AIRMET or SIGMET icon for
the full raw text. This has the highest complexity and is therefore
the slowest but is the most valuable if interactive data browsing is
- The second section contains a table of links and a map. Click a
link to view a pregenerated plots of SIGMETs of the specified type:
Icing, Turbulence, IFR, Convective Sigmets, or all of the above on
one plot. The map shows all current SIGMETs and may be enlarged for
enhanced viewing. There is also a Lowest Freezing Level Graphic. The
Freezing Level Graphic is derived from a composite of the Icing
AIRMET text products.
- The third section contains a FORM for obtaining the raw
AIR/SIGMET text from the National Weather Service. Simply check
the type(s) and and region(s) from the checkboxes, then push the Retrieve
This Qualified Internet
Communication Provider's (QICP) servers and communication interfaces are
approved by the FAA as secure, reliable, and accessible in accordance
with AC 00-62.
1) This QICP does not ensure the quality and
currency of the information transmitted to you.
2) The user assumes the entire risk related to
the information and its use.